Build Your Own Souvlaki Bar
Looking to have some fun on the grill this summer? How about a build your own chicken souvlaki bar? A quick chicken marinade, a choose-your-own-adventure cornucopia of toppings, and our twist on the classic garlic sauce: garlic whipped feta. Happy Grilling!
Don’t have a BBQ? We have some suggestions below!
- 3 Tbsps. paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips, in thirds
- Take 3 Tbsps. of souvlaki seasoning and whisk with juice of 1/2 a lemon and a healthy amount of olive oil, until forms a thin paste.
- Toss with chicken to combine. Cover and allow to sit in fridge from 4 hours to overnight.
- Remove from fridge and skewer.
- Preheat your BBQ to medium, indirect heat. Oil your grill lightly. Place chicken on grill and BBQ, turning 2-3 times, until cooked through at a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from grill and slide of skewers. Serve with your choice of toppings from the below suggestions.
*If you don’t have a grill, simply cook the chicken in a 375°F oven, on a wire rack, or use a grilling pan on the stovetop.
- Garlic and Lemon Whipped Feta (see below)
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Roasted red peppers
- Pickled turnip
- Shredded lettuce
- Souvlaki spiced chickpeas (see below)
- Pita bread
Garlic and Lemon Whipped Feta:
- 1 cup goats milk feta, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth
- Adjust seasoning as desired. Serve at room temperature or slightly below
Souvlaki spiced Chickpeas:
- Toss one can of drain and rinsed chickpeas with remaining souvlaki seasoning and 3 tbsps. of olive oil
- Roast at 450°F for 15 minutes or until lightly crispy
Recipe by Chef Dany Duguay
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
This simple yet beautiful breakfast will have you starting your day off right. Prepare the fruit in advance for a…Read More