Build Your Own Souvlaki Bar
Looking to have some fun on the grill this summer? How about a build your own chicken souvlaki bar? A quick chicken marinade, a choose-your-own-adventure cornucopia of toppings, and our twist on the classic garlic sauce: garlic whipped feta. Happy Grilling!
Don’t have a BBQ? We have some suggestions below!
- 3 Tbsps. paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips, in thirds
- Take 3 Tbsps. of souvlaki seasoning and whisk with juice of 1/2 a lemon and a healthy amount of olive oil, until forms a thin paste.
- Toss with chicken to combine. Cover and allow to sit in fridge from 4 hours to overnight.
- Remove from fridge and skewer.
- Preheat your BBQ to medium, indirect heat. Oil your grill lightly. Place chicken on grill and BBQ, turning 2-3 times, until cooked through at a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from grill and slide of skewers. Serve with your choice of toppings from the below suggestions.
*If you don’t have a grill, simply cook the chicken in a 375°F oven, on a wire rack, or use a grilling pan on the stovetop.
- Garlic and Lemon Whipped Feta (see below)
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Roasted red peppers
- Pickled turnip
- Shredded lettuce
- Souvlaki spiced chickpeas (see below)
- Pita bread
Garlic and Lemon Whipped Feta:
- 1 cup goats milk feta, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth
- Adjust seasoning as desired. Serve at room temperature or slightly below
Souvlaki spiced Chickpeas:
- Toss one can of drain and rinsed chickpeas with remaining souvlaki seasoning and 3 tbsps. of olive oil
- Roast at 450°F for 15 minutes or until lightly crispy
Recipe by Chef Dany Duguay
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Blueberry Bacon Brie Sandwich
Blueberry Bacon Brie Sandwich You’ve heard of a BLT, but we’ve got something WAYbetter; a BBB…BLUEBERRY BACON BRIE. Made with…Read More
Smoked Salmon Spring Salad
Serves 4 This bright and fresh salad is the perfect addition to any brunch spread! Salad: 2 packages of Wolfhead…Read More