with Orange Cranberry Sauce
For those tired of turkey try Porchetta. A pork tenderloin rubbed with herbs and wrapped in pork belly then tied, is a delicious replacement that is sure to wow your guests.
- 1 Porchetta (3.5 to 4 lbs) *call ahead to order from The British Butcher
- 3 large oranges
- 340g of fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6-8 thyme branches
- 2 tsp salt
Instructions to make Orange Cranberry Sauce:
- Peel and zest the three oranges. Two of the oranges should be coarsely grated with a box grater, and the third done with a vegetable peeler, for long thin pieces of rind. Set aside.
- Halve and juice the oranges. Set the juice aside and discard the oranges.
- In a small saucepan, on low to medium heat, combine orange rind, orange juice, water, thyme, sugar, salt and cranberries. Let simmer until the cranberries have popped and broken down and the liquid has reduced by almost half. Stir frequently.
- Set aside.
Instructions to roast Porchetta:
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, with the oven rack in the middle.
- Salt the entire outside of the Porchetta with kosher salt and place in a pan.
- Roast Porchetta for 30 minutes at 500 degrees, turning once, until the outside skin is crispy.
- Reduce oven heat to 250 degrees and cook for another 1 hour, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre reads 145 degrees.
- Remove from oven and spoon the orange cranberry sauce over the meat. Baste the outside surface with the sauce, and add a few extra spoonful’s on top.
- Remove strings and serve immediately, slicing into one inch thick rounds. Serve with mashed potatoes, vegetables and the extra orange cranberry sauce on the side.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Moscow Mule Chicken with Orange and Fennel Salad
Moscow Mule Chicken: 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts Cedar Plank 2 Cans or bottles of ginger beer ½ Cucumber 2oz…Read More