Puff Pastry Brie Bite
with Cranberry Orange Compote, Walnuts, Thyme and Smoked Salt
Makes 18 pieces
- Alexis De Portneuf Triple Crème Brie
- 1/2 package puff pastry, thawed
- 1/8th cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme, removed from stem
- Cranberry Orange Compote, recipe below
- Maldon Smoked Sea Salt Flakes
Cranberry Orange Compote
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp Hutchisons Pure Maple Syrup
- Pinch of salt
Add all ingredients and a 1-2 tbsps of water into saucepot, cook over medium heat until cranberries start to blister and burst, add more water if desired. Cool completely.
To make bites:
Unwrap and roll out puff pastry, egg wash the entire sheet of pastry, cut into 36 equal squares (pizza wheel works well for this). Stack two squares together, egg wash facing up, for a total of 18 pieces and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 400’F for approx. 8-12 minutes until puffed and golden. Remove from heat. Cut brie into 1/4” thick squares slightly smaller than pastry and lay on top, place back in oven for 1 minute, until brie just starts to melt.
Top with compote, pinch of walnuts, sprig of thyme and a pinch of smoked salt. Serve immediately.
Recipe created by Chef Dany Duguay
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Espresso Rubbed Prime Rib
Prime rib, perfected! We use a simple overnight method to dry out the roast, resulting in a perfectly crisp bark…Read More
Tex Mex Lasagna
Ingredients: 1 lb lean ground beef Avocado or olive oil 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded…Read More