Spicy Pizza Grilled Cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 4 slices 24 Carrot Bakery Cheese Bread
- 8 Tbsp Rao’s Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 ball pizza mozzarella, thinly sliced or shredded
- 50g Ratinaud Fennel Salami, from Pete’s Frootique (find it in the deli)
- 4-6 Chalkidiki Green Olives Stuffed with Jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic powder and basil. Spread 1 Tbsp butter on to one side of each slice of bread. On the opposite side, divide pizza sauce and spread to corners. Heat a large pan over low heat (low and slow is the key to the perfect grilled cheese). Place two slices of bread, butter side down, in to pan.
Divide 1/2 of mozzarella evenly on to each slice and top with all of salami, olives and parmesan, top with remaining cheese and then with remaining bread, butter side up. Place lid on pan and allow to cook 4-5 minutes or until crispy and golden. Carefully flip and continue to cook 4-5 minutes uncovered until cooked through and golden. Remove from pan, allow to cool 1-2 minutes, cut in half and serve immediately.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Makes approx. 12 servings This snack mix is the perfect balance of sweet, salty, crunchy and satisfying. Whip it up…Read More