Spicy Thai Tofu Bowl
This delicious bowl is full of raw vegetables, plant based protein, and whole grain black rice noodles. You can serve warm or cold and it makes a delicious lunch that will leave you feeling full, but light on your feet.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 package – 450g Acadiana Soy Products extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch rectangles
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Purely Bulk nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup Pete’s Housemade chickpea flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 package – Lotus Foods Forbidden Pad Thai rice noodles
- 1 bottle deSiam Peanut Coconut Thai Satay sauce
- 2 radish, sliced in very thin rounds
- 1 banana pepper, sliced in thin rounds
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 English cucumber, julienned
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced
- 1 lime, cut into 4 segments
Place sliced banana peppers in a small bowl with apple cider vinegar, let sit, ideally for 1 hour or longer before you begin cooking.
To start tofu, whisk together the egg and water in a medium sized bowl. In another medium sized bowl, stir together chickpea flour, nutritional yeast and salt. Dip each piece of tofu into the egg wash, then drop into the flour mixture and coat all sides with the help of a spoon. Dry your fingers in between dippings. Set tofu pieces aside on a dry plate, until all are coated.
Add coconut oil to a large frying pan over high heat. Once hot, gently place tofu pieces into the pan with the help of tongs. Let fry until the underside has nicely browned, then flip and repeat; about 3-4 minutes each side. Once they have all fried, set aside on paper towel.
Boil the entire package of rice noodles and rinse. Split the noodles evenly into 4 small bowls, then drizzle with a plentiful amount of peanut coconut sauce. Add tofu, radish slices, quick pickled banana pepper, basil, cucumber, avocado, and garnish with lime.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Summer Hummus with Sesame Seed & Miso Crackers
Ingredients: 1 can of Clic Gourmet mixed chickpeas (540ml) 2 cups all purpose flour 2 tbsp miso paste 2 ½…Read More