White Chocolate Mocha Cake
This cake has got it going on. White chocolate mocha cake, with a dulce de leche cinnamon ribbon, topped with a white chocolate cinnamon buttercream and Peace By Chocolate Golden Pearl Chocolate Bar… need we say more?
For The Cake:
- 170g Bakers White Chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water, boiling
- 2 Tbsp. Anchor Coffee Colombia Finca La Esperanza Espresso beans, ground
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche, store bought or homemade
For The Buttercream:
- 200g, Just us White Chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 milk
- 4-6 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 x Peace By Chocolate Golden Pearl Bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Grease and line a 9×13” dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl over a pot of simmering water, slowly melt chocolate into milk. Set aside to cool.
- Stir together your coffee and water. Set aside to steep. Once steeped pass through a fine mesh screen to remove beans.
- Whisk together your dry ingredients.
- In a mixer, cream your butter, with both sugars at medium speed. Scrape down sides of bowl, slow the mixed and add the eggs, one at a time, scraping between. Add vanilla, then add the cooled coffee mixture. Alternate your dry mixture and flour, starting and ending with your dry mix. Ensure everything is fully mixed. Scrape 2/3 of batter in to pan, dollop dulce de leche, sprinkle with 1-2 tsp cinnamon and gently mix dulce into the batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Prepare your buttercream: in a pot over simmering water, slowly melt chocolate. Set aside to cool. In a mixer, starting at low, cream butter and 3 cups icing sugar. Add your white chocolate, slowly, while the mixer is running.
- Add your vanilla and cinnamon. Scrape down the sides of your bowl, add your milk and cream to combine. Add your remaining icing sugar, with mixer on low, 1/2 cup at a time until desired consistency. If too dry, add a little more milk. If too wet, add a little more icing sugar.
- Ice the top of the cake, sprinkle with cinnamon, and garnish with the chopped chocolate bars. Refrigerate in an airtight container, for up to 5 days. Let come to room temperature before serving.
Recipe by Chef Dany Duguay
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Vegan Chili Cheese Fries
For the fries: 2 Asian Yams, cut into wedges Olive oil Salt Pepper Good Parma Spicy Plant-Based Cheesy Topper Preheat…Read More