Blueberry Chiptole Pulled Pork Tacos
Blueberry Chipotle Pulled Pork Tacos
Prep time: 45 minutes
These pulled pork tacos are even better than they look. Sweet, salty and spicy pork with a hit of blueberry, that melts in your mouth. Topped with a crunchy coleslaw, fresh cilantro and feta cheese, these make for the most perfect Taco Tuesday.
For Pulled Pork:
- Two pork tenderloins, silver skin removed, cubed into 1” pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried chipotle powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- One pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 350 ml bottle Superfruit Purée, reserve 1/4 cup for coleslaw
- 3/4 cup chicken stock, divided
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
In a medium bowl, whisk together chipotle powder, paprika, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper. Add pork and toss to coat. Turn Instapot on to sauté function set to “more”. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, then pork, brown on all sides. Remove from pot and add remaining olive oil and onion. Sauté, stirring until onion begins to soften. Add blueberry purée, 1/2 cup chicken stock, chipotles, vinegar and brown sugar.
Switch Instapot to pressure cook function, on high, for 12 minutes. Place lid on and lock, ensuring valve is set to sealing. Allow to pressure cook, then naturally release. Remove lid. Using a slotted spoon, remove pork and set aside. Turn Instapot to sauté function on “normal”. Allow sauce to come to a boil, stirring often, let boil for 5-10 minutes or until reduced slightly.
In a small bowl combine remaining 1/4 cup chicken stock and cornstarch, whisk to combine. Whisk cornstarch mixture into sauce, bring back to a boil and boil 1 minute, stirring. Using two forks (or your hands), shred pork. Add pork back to pot and stir to combine. Reduce to “less” and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Turn off Instapot and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Superfruit Purée
- 1/8th cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl whisk together purée, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Add cabbage, onion and cilantro and toss to combine.
- 8 small tortillas of your choice
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, picked
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
Layer tacos starting with shell, then pulled pork and coleslaw, top with feta, jalapeno, green onion, cilantro and blueberries and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe created by Chef Dany Duguay
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
No Dairy Creamy Avocado Pasta
This dairy-free, quick and easy recipe will have your diners asking “what’s in this sauce?” Cook time: 15 minutes Serves:…Read More
Lemon Poppyseed Buttermilk Scones
Lemon Poppyseed Buttermilk Scones with homemade lemon curd and clotted cream A perfect morning treat to make for viewing the Royal…Read More