Winter Cobb Salad
- one 5 oz container of mixed greens or similar
- 1 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Maple Bacon Balsamic Dressing (or your favourite dressing)
- 1/2 cup Woolwich Dairy Goat Cheese Chèvre Smokehouse Peppercorn, crumbled
- 1 cup Pete’s Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Candied Pecans; recipe below
- 3 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and halved
- 4 slices Pete’s House Double Smoked Bacon
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cooled and sliced
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, diced and tossed in lemon juice
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled, cubed and roasted (see below)
For pecans: in a medium pan over medium heat, place 1/4 cup pure maple syrup and allow to start bubbling. Stir in 1 cup raw pecan halves and cook stirring often, always watching to avoid burning, for 3-4 minutes, add a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional), a pinch of salt and a dash of cinnamon and stir. Alllow to continue cooking until maple syrup is still shiny but almost fully evaporated. Remove from heat, spread nuts on a parchment sheet and allow to cool completely.
For butternut squash: Preheat oven to 375°F, toss butternut squash in 1 tbsp oil of choice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes stirring twice until softened and golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
For salad: In a large bowl, toss greens in desired amount of dressing and layer on bottom of bowl. Place remaining ingredients as desired and serve immediately. If wishing to serve later, prepare all ingredients and toss with dressing when ready to serve. Enjoy!
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
A classic gluten free Thai dish with rice noodles tossed in a sweet and salty tamarind sauce, finished with your…Read More