Canadian Fried Dough
Looking for the ultimate family fun in the kitchen? We’ve taken a Canadian classic and made it super simple for you to make at home.
- 1-2 rounds Pete’s Housemade Pizza Dough
- Vegetable oil
- Cinnamon sugar (1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon)
- Fresh fruit, peeled and sliced
- Nutella, warmed
- Glaze (1 cup icing sugar, 1/4 cup water + vanilla)
- In a large pot, heat enough oil to cover 2” deep. Heat to 375ºF.
- In the meantime, divide each dough round in to 3-4 pieces. Flatten in to oval shape.
- Once oil is hot enough, place in oil and cook until golden brown, flipping carefully once. Be careful not to over crowd your pan.
- Remove from oil and immediately toss in cinnamon sugar, if desired. Drizzle and top as desired.
Recipe by Chef Dany Duguay
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Seared Flank Steak & Chimichurri Sandwich
Preparation time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Ingredients 1/2 pound flank steak 1 baguette, like Julien’s, cut into four segments and…Read More