Orange, Fennel & Asparagus Salad
with Flaked Salmon
A delicious, bright summer salad, perfect as a patio appetizer with a glass of rosé, or a nutritious balanced lunch.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for yogurt dill dressing:
- 1/2 cup yogurt, strained through coffee filter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup neutral flavoured oil, like sunflower or vegetable
- 4 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Instructions for dressing:
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together vigorously until blended. Refrigerate
Ingredients for salad:
- 1/2 bulb fennel, shaved thin
- 3 large oranges, segmented
- 1 bunch asparagus, blanched, and cut into bite sized spears
- 2 6oz salmon fillets
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
Instructions for salad:
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Pat the salmon fillets dry, and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon skin side down in the pan with oil, and cook for 4-6 minutes, then lower the heat and flip the salmon. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until salmon is cooked through, then remove from heat and place on a paper towel.
- Once the salmon has cooled flake into large pieces. The crispy salmon skin can be used to garnish salad, or discarded.
- On a large serving plate, layer shaved fennel, asparagus, orange segments and salmon. Finish by drizzling with yogurt dill dressing, finishing salt, and more dill sprigs.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe created by Jess Emin
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Puff Pastry Brie Bite with Cranberry Orange Compote, Walnuts, Thyme and Smoked Salt
Makes 18 pieces Alexis De Portneuf Triple Crème Brie 1/2 package puff pastry, thawed 1/8th cup walnuts, toasted and chopped…Read More