Orange, Fennel & Asparagus Salad
with Flaked Salmon
A delicious, bright summer salad, perfect as a patio appetizer with a glass of rosé, or a nutritious balanced lunch.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for yogurt dill dressing:
- 1/2 cup yogurt, strained through coffee filter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup neutral flavoured oil, like sunflower or vegetable
- 4 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Instructions for dressing:
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together vigorously until blended. Refrigerate
Ingredients for salad:
- 1/2 bulb fennel, shaved thin
- 3 large oranges, segmented
- 1 bunch asparagus, blanched, and cut into bite sized spears
- 2 6oz salmon fillets
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
Instructions for salad:
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Pat the salmon fillets dry, and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon skin side down in the pan with oil, and cook for 4-6 minutes, then lower the heat and flip the salmon. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until salmon is cooked through, then remove from heat and place on a paper towel.
- Once the salmon has cooled flake into large pieces. The crispy salmon skin can be used to garnish salad, or discarded.
- On a large serving plate, layer shaved fennel, asparagus, orange segments and salmon. Finish by drizzling with yogurt dill dressing, finishing salt, and more dill sprigs.
- Serve immediately.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Vegan Chili Cheese Fries
For the fries: 2 Asian Yams, cut into wedges Olive oil Salt Pepper Good Parma Spicy Plant-Based Cheesy Topper Preheat…Read More