Paul's Roasted Jerk Chicken
This recipe from Hill’s Jamaican Jerk Founder Paul Hill is a great menu idea the whole family and friends will love.
- 1 medium chicken, butterflied
- 2 tbsp. Hill’s Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 4-5 tbsp. Hill’s Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable Stock
- 1 med sweet potato, cut in chunks
- 12 mixed baby potatoes, halved
- 2 large carrots, cut in chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halves
- 1 medium onion, cut in chunks
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut back bone of chicken from tail to neck to butterfly then spread open “skin up” and apply enough pressure on chicken breast to flatten. Trim any excess fat from chicken then rinse under cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Season with Hill’s Jerk Seasoning and Jerk Sauce (medium or hot) ensuring to get under the skin with the seasonings. Allow to marinate for 2-3 hours, overnight is best.
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium heat and sear both sides of chicken for 3-4 minutes each side until golden brown. Remove from skillet and place in a roasting pan (save oil).
- Add and mix all other ingredients in a bowl except the chicken or vegetable stock. In the same skillet add the bowl mixture and cook for 10 minutes mixing with a wooden spoon every couple minutes. Add Stock and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to roasting pan with chicken and cover with aluminum foil or pan cover. Preheat oven at 350°F and roast until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Recipe by Paul Hill
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Moroccan Lamb Shank Stew
Lamb: 4 Medium Lamb shanks 4 carrots 1 red onion Ginger Cinnamon Garlic 1 can crushed tomatoes (796ml) 1 can…Read More