Thai Inspired Shrimp Burgers
These Thai inspired shrimp burgers are spicy, juicy and full of umami. Perfectly paired with a tart mango salsa, and a Sriracha mayo, all cooled by sliced avocado, and topped off with a Pete’s pretzel bun.
Makes: 2 burgers
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined, shelled, and tail removed
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemongrass or lemongrass paste
- 8 dashes fish sauce
- Small handful cilantro, torn
- 4-5 basil leaves, torn
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 red finger pepper, rough chopped
- 1 red Thai chili or chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and rough chopped
- 2 green onions, green part only, rough chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 4 pieces bib lettuce
- Sriracha mayo (see below)
- Mango Salsa (see below)
- 2 Pete’s vegan pretzel buns, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the shrimp until coarse, but not fully a paste. You want it to be sticky but not “gummy”. Set aside in a bowl, scraping food processor well.
- Add remaining ingredients to same bowl of food processor pulse to paste, add to shrimp. Mix gently, to bring together. Shape in to two patties. Flatten slightly
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add enough vegetable oil to the pan to cover + 1/4”
- Fry patties, one side at a time for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Place in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, until cooked through, firm in centre or 120ºF with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from oven and place on paper towels to drain.
- 1 Mango, pitted and diced
- 1/4 of a red pepper, seeded and diced
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- Stir to combine. Set aside.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Coconut Curry Noodles
This is such a great recipe to surprise your tastes buds after too many days of leftover turkey dinner! It’s…Read More