Thai Inspired Shrimp Burgers
These Thai inspired shrimp burgers are spicy, juicy and full of umami. Perfectly paired with a tart mango salsa, and a Sriracha mayo, all cooled by sliced avocado, and topped off with a Pete’s pretzel bun.
Makes: 2 burgers
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined, shelled, and tail removed
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemongrass or lemongrass paste
- 8 dashes fish sauce
- Small handful cilantro, torn
- 4-5 basil leaves, torn
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 red finger pepper, rough chopped
- 1 red Thai chili or chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and rough chopped
- 2 green onions, green part only, rough chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 4 pieces bib lettuce
- Sriracha mayo (see below)
- Mango Salsa (see below)
- 2 Pete’s vegan pretzel buns, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the shrimp until coarse, but not fully a paste. You want it to be sticky but not “gummy”. Set aside in a bowl, scraping food processor well.
- Add remaining ingredients to same bowl of food processor pulse to paste, add to shrimp. Mix gently, to bring together. Shape in to two patties. Flatten slightly
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add enough vegetable oil to the pan to cover + 1/4”
- Fry patties, one side at a time for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Place in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, until cooked through, firm in centre or 120ºF with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from oven and place on paper towels to drain.
- 1 Mango, pitted and diced
- 1/4 of a red pepper, seeded and diced
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- Stir to combine. Set aside.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Spiced Oat Milk Punch
This cocktail is creamy, frothy, just the right amount of decadent and perfectly spiced for any season. Serves: 1 Ingredients:…Read More