Thai Pumpkin Soup
This soup is super easy, made mainly from pantry staples, and a perfect light, gluten free, dairy free, vegan soup to have on hand in the fridge or freezer!
- 2 tbsps. coconut oil
- 2 x 398ml canned pumpkin purée
- One small white onion, peeled and chopped
- Two cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp. lemongrass stir-fry paste
- 1 to 3 tbsps. red curry paste, to taste
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. better than vegetable bouillon, dissolved in 1 cup water
- Cilantro, optional
- In a medium pot over medium heat melt the coconut oil, add the onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes until translucent, seasoning with salt.
- Add garlic, ginger, and lemongrass paste, and continue to cook, stirring, for one minute, or until fragrant.
- Add red curry paste and cook an additional 30 seconds, stirring.
- Whisk in pumpkin Puree, followed by coconut milk, vegetable bouillon dissolved into hot water, Sugar, lime zest and juice, tamari, and taste for seasoning.
- Allow to come to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low, and cook for 15 minutes stirring often.
- Remove from heat add in desired amount of chopped cilantro, blend with blender, food processor, or immersion blender.
- Taste again for seasoning. Garnish with more cilantro, if desired.
- Serve hot, enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Dany Duguay
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Stingin’ Hot Honey Squash Salad
Stingin’ Hot Honey Squash Salad The perfect vegetarian side dish (or meal). Blue cheese, meets the bite of SHH and…Read More