Thai Pumpkin Soup
This soup is super easy, made mainly from pantry staples, and a perfect light, gluten free, dairy free, vegan soup to have on hand in the fridge or freezer!
- 2 tbsps. coconut oil
- 2 x 398ml canned pumpkin purée
- One small white onion, peeled and chopped
- Two cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp. lemongrass stir-fry paste
- 1 to 3 tbsps. red curry paste, to taste
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. better than vegetable bouillon, dissolved in 1 cup water
- Cilantro, optional
- In a medium pot over medium heat melt the coconut oil, add the onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes until translucent, seasoning with salt.
- Add garlic, ginger, and lemongrass paste, and continue to cook, stirring, for one minute, or until fragrant.
- Add red curry paste and cook an additional 30 seconds, stirring.
- Whisk in pumpkin Puree, followed by coconut milk, vegetable bouillon dissolved into hot water, Sugar, lime zest and juice, tamari, and taste for seasoning.
- Allow to come to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low, and cook for 15 minutes stirring often.
- Remove from heat add in desired amount of chopped cilantro, blend with blender, food processor, or immersion blender.
- Taste again for seasoning. Garnish with more cilantro, if desired.
- Serve hot, enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Dany Duguay
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Crostini’s Two Ways
Pete’s house-made crostini’s are perfect for entertaining and can be topped infinite ways. Here are two of our favourite suggestions. …Read More