Vegan Chili Cheese Fries
For the fries:
- 2 Asian Yams, cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Good Parma Spicy Plant-Based Cheesy Topper
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss potato wedges in a drizzle of oil and season with lots of salt and pepper to taste. Lay on a parchment lined sheet, without overlapping. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and continue to bake until golden and soft in centre, 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with desired amount of Good Parma. Set aside.
For the Queso cheese sauce:
- 1/4 cup Fresh Start Fauxmage Chili Lime
- 2-3 tbsp soy or nut milk
Microwave Fauxmage in 5 second intervals, stirring between until just melted. Stir in milk and set aside.
For the vegan sour cream:
- 1/2 cup raw or roasted, unsalted cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours in warm water
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Mustard to taste
In a blender, blend all ingredients until fully combined. Season to taste and set aside.
For the chili:
- 1/2 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 Portobello mushroom, stem and gills removed, diced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 430 ml can Pastene Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned corn, defrosted or drained
- 1 small can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Gardein Beefless Ground
- Water or vegetable stock
In a medium sized pot, over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook stirring for 1 minute. Add garlic, pepper, jalapeno and mushroom and continue to cook while stirring until veg begins to soften, 2-3 minutes, season lightly. Add tomato paste and spices and cook stirring for 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes, stir and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally approx. 15 minutes until heated through and tomatoes have lost their acidity. Add water or vegetable stock if chili becomes to “dry”. Add corn, bean and ground and stir. Continue to cook 2 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- Green onion
Layer fries, top with chili, then Queso sauce, drizzle with sour cream and garnish. Enjoy!
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
These enchiladas are filling, flavourful and freezable. Ready for the oven in 20 minutes, this is a recipe that’s sure…Read More