Vegan Shawarma Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices Stone Hearth Bakery Sundried Tomato Sour Dough Bread
- 4 Tbsp vegan butter alternative
- 4 slices Sheese Vegan Mozzarella Style Slices
- Approx 200g Gusta Kebab Shawarma Seitan Loaf, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8th cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tomato, thinly sliced
- Fresh flat leaf parsley, picked
Spread 1 Tbsp butter alternative on to one side of each slice of bread. Heat a large pan over low heat (low and slow is the key to the perfect grilled cheese). Place two slices of bread, butter side down, in to pan. Lay one slice of the cheese on to both slices, top with 1/2 of seitan loaf, onion, cucumber, tomato and parsley on to each slice, top with remaining cheese slices and top with remaining bread, butter side up.
Place lid on pan and allow to cook 4-5 minutes or until crispy and golden. Carefully flip and continue to cook 4-5 minutes uncovered until cooked through and golden. Remove from pan, allow to cool 1-2 minutes, cut in half and serve immediately!
Recipe created by Chef Dany Duguay
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Toffee Rum Sauce
The perfect hostess gift, or accompaniment to all your holiday desserts. Ingredients: 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed 1/4 cup butter…Read More