Big Cove's Sunshine Farro Bowl
- 1 cup Farro grains
- 1 bunch of broccolini, ends trimmed
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, broken into bite size pieces
- ½ cup spicy salami, sliced thin and cut in half moons
- ½ olives of choice, roughly chopped (We used olives stuffed with lemon paste)
- 2 tbsp Big Cove Foods’ Sunshine Blend, divided
- ¼ cup + ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup finely grated pecorino cheese, plus extra for serving
Cook 1 cup of farro grains according to the package instructions. We boiled water, then added the farro and brought to a light boil for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 F. On a large sheet pan, arrange and spread out the broccolini, mushrooms and salami pieces. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of Sunshine Blend all over, and drizzle ¼ cup of olive oil over the broccolini and mushrooms. The salami is going to create its own natural oils. Roast for 8-10 minutes, until you start seeing some browning around the edges.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix together ½ cup of olive oil, lemon juice and zest, 1 tbsp Sunshine Blend and finely grated pecorino cheese. Salt to taste.
Drain the farro and divide among 3-4 bowls. Then divide and place your broccolini, mushrooms, salami and chopped olives on top of the farro. Drizzle with a few tbsp of dressing on each bowl and extra grated pecorino. Enjoy!
Recipe by Dave Armstrong, Big Cove Foods
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR RECIPES
Thai Pumpkin Soup
This soup is super easy, made mainly from pantry staples, and a perfect light, gluten free, dairy free, vegan soup…Read More